Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Ageless Men, Hairy Women


Every year I celebrate my “Half” Birthday and when it is my birthday I tell people I’m a year older than what I really am. “What world?!!” you say. I know I know after 25 everyone wishes they are younger. But for me I love getting old!!! Why? The older I become, younger I feel. I find it funny when people try to guess my age. They always guess around  the age of 15, 16, or 17. Gosh not even 18!!! At first I was really bummed out and depressed about not looking older. Then I thought to myself.. “hmm this is a good thing. By the age of 40 I’ll look 20 and by 50 I’ll look 30. 3 Snaps... I Got it Goin’ On!!!”  So what’s my secret for staying and looking younger?

1. I eat clean
2. I Exercise 
3. I use natural body and skin care products.

I am going to share with you the reason why I not only check the ingredients on food but in personal care products. Many of our non essential products contain toxic chemicals that are very damaging to our skin, and health..

Some of the most common are:

Preservatives aka Parabens- Linked to Cancer. Look out for these methyl, propyl, butyl and ethyl (alkyl-p-hydroxybenzoates)

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Laureth Sulfate--- The same detergents used at a carwash are used on your skin. This ingredient stripes away protective oil on you skin. Can cause hair lose, rashes and infections.

Synthetic Fragrances- Can trigger asthma attacks

Aluminum- A Carcinogenic
  
Lead and Mercury- Can cause nervous system and brain damage

P Phenylenediamine- Carcinogenic, triggers allergies, and can interfere with the development of a child if pregnant.  If exposed to the eyes it may cause blindness.

Silica- Carcinogenic

Coal tar colors- Carcinogenic

I know right now some of you just discovered all your products contain these ingredients. Calm down, don’t worry this is why I am here. I want to help you . So stay tune. In the next couple of blogs, I will give you home skin care remedies, and introduce you ton of natural products. A lot of these lines EWG approved. So you guys don’t be discourage this is going to be a smooth transition to a youthful, and healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment