Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How to Eat Out




Are you one of those people who complain about not having enough time to cook so you have to eat out?

Cha know for the longest time when I heard these stories, I felt bad for these people. I never understood where they were coming from and  honestly didn't know how I could help. But this all changed when I got the news that we had to remodel our kitchen.Can you believe I had to live in a hotel for three days, eat microwavable food and fast food for a WHOLE Month!!! What?!! Yeah I know… I was lost. As a lady I love to cook and I rarely eat out. I got lost driving around looking for a WhatABurger near my house. Only two find out there were three!!! When I went to Buffalo Wild Wings a customer walked up and ordered for me because I look like a deer in front of head lights. I just did not know what to order!! It was that bad.  But I can share with you how I did not gain a pound but lost weight eating out.

Tricks to eating out.
Hotels that serve FREE breakfast:

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites
Hampton Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Country Inn and Suites
Residence Inn
Comfort Inn
SpringHill Suites
Hawthorne Suites
Wingate by Wyndam
 Staybridge Suites
Homewood Suites- has a kitchenette
Candlewood doesn’t serve  Free breakfast but has kitchenette

These places serve pancakes, waffles, biscuits  greasy sausages. All the good stuff!!! And it’s okay to eat these foods but remember a serving of a pancake is the size of a Compact Disk. There are also healthy options to choose from like boiled eggs, fresh fruit, oatmeal and low fat yogurt. I couldn’t believe that there was peanut butter packages!! I have a problem eating out of the jar consuming more than I need so I was like Wooo Whoooo took like 5 packages. LOL  Peanut butter and chocolate is my weakness.  For those of you that can resist you only need one package.  LOL

Now what did I do after the 3 days in La Quinta Inn & Suites where did I go for breakfast? The first couple of days I went to I-hop. But after I ordered an egg white omelet twice and received it yellow and oily. It was a total turn off. How in the heck does a egg white omelets turn yellow…? Either they served me an egg substitute or the cook is just that bad with separating eggs!!!  Something isn’t quite right…. So after the whole ordeal with I-Hop I decided to go to Subway.  And let me tell you… Subway has the best egg white wraps ever!!! Mmm so delicious.  


What to do if your only choice is Ma and Pa's 
home-style cooking?

Do you best and make wise decisions.
Remember syrups, sauces, dressings, gravies, butter, cheese, you name it condiments ON THE SIDE. 
No matter how good taste don’t over indulge.

My best advice is to stay away from the following descriptions on the menu:

Creamy, cheesy, loaded, au gratin, smothered, hollandaise, crispy and fried.
Don’t eat the tips of fries
Don’t eat the the skin on the meat fried or baked.

Grocery shopping with hotel size refrigerators

Buy fresh fruits and veggies.
A lot of markets are starting to carry fresh lunch kits.
Target and Whole Foods has a huge selection of fresh meals on the go.

Some of you can be the crankiest  person if you don’t get your coffee.  That’s how I am when I don’t have my bowl of Oatmeal. So if don’t want to miss that great taste of coffee,  McDonalds and Starbucks serves oatmeal.  I’m LOVIN’ IT !!!

Almost Anywhere you go you can Enjoy A Tasty Low Fat Meal On The Go. So I don’t give me your excuses and sob stories any more. You can DO IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment