Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beating the Heat. Summer Tips & Treats

It’s just going to keep getting hotter and hotter as the summer continues.  I know we in the south hate this 110 degree weather. Sometimes I just stand in front of the fridge with the freezer door open. This really isn’t a good thing because my body just craves cold things. Standing with that door open will only lead me to temptation. Let me be honest with you guys, I LoVE  Ice cream and when it’s hot the only thing that keeps me from just devouring that “So Delicious- Chocolate Brownie Almond Ice Cream” is  my containers that are filled with frozen fruit. When I grocery shop I buy fresh fruits such as: Grapes, watermelon, strawberries, peaches, bananas and blueberries. As soon as I get home I immediately prepare these fruits to be frozen.  So when I am craving a that chocolate ice cream, I opt for a fresh smoothie. Sometimes I enjoy eating fruit just plain and frozen. My best friend introduced me to frozen grapes last summer and since then I’ve been hooked. Here are a couple of simple ice treats that I know you will love.
Fit Room Strawberry PB and Jay Smoothie
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup frozen Strawberries
1 Frozen banana (peal before you freeze)
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
Direction: place ingredients in blender and blend. If mixture is to thick add more milk. Process mixture until smooth or desired consistency. Pour mixture in a cup or even better an Ice cream cone (mixture most be thick for this) Serve immediately

Dee’s Peach Sorbet
1 cup of frozen Peaches
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups ice cubes
Honey or sweetner to taste.
Directions: Place ingredients in blender.  Blend until smooth. Serve immediately
You all who are brave enough to face the sunlight please protect your skin with natural sun block.  Try brands like Jason Natrual and Alba Skin Care
And those who forgot and got burned….. Raw honey and organic wheat germ oil mixed together will heal a burn quickly. Aloe Vera gel can also do wonders for ya.
Well you guys stay Fit and Be Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment