Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Excuses Excuses Don't Give Me That

Excuses, Excuses, An excuse to miss class, an excuse to be late for work, an excuse to shop. Ooo how bout this one… an excuse to not pick up the phone when your BF/GF is calling you!!!! Mmm hmm….You know, you know  Playaaaaaa!!! Excuses they’re like belly buttons… Everyone has one. But an excuse to not eat breakfast… no reason to have one. Although I know there are a ton of people out there who skip breakfast for many reasons such as: Not hungry, too busy, or trying to lose weight. Yeah Whatever!!! Try saying that to me and I’ll tell ya that a sorry excuse.

Not hungry… Yeah right. Not believing it. For one, your body has been fasting all night. Hence the name BreakFAST!! You must eat to break the fast. If you don’t you will prolong the fast. You feelin' me here? Yes now  you understand the reason you why you just can’t resist that jelly donut in the break room. Even worse the only candy bar in the vending machine. It was ment for you right... had your name on it.

So you say “I don’t eat breakfast because I want to lose weight and when it’s lunch time I’ll have a huge little bitty salad. That’s enough for me I’ll be fine.” Whine Whine Whine... Little girl and little son, don’t give me that!! You know you’re hungry, so stop starving yourself!!! What you are doing to your body is worst than eating a donut. Breakfast will help to jump start your metabolism. It will cause you to burn more calories throughout the day.  You must eat to refuel your body. So you'll have energy to help you last those crazy work/school days.

Sleep and food is nature’s best energy. You late night crashers and club hoppers know what I’m talking about. Huh Huh..? Rest in the afternoon then on to the club at NINE. Thank goodness for I Hop right :P  So okay after staying up all night you study slackers, and party animals are running late for work/class. So what do you do when you just don’t have time to eat?  Here’s the secret….? Prepare, Prepare, Prepare. No I am not encouraging eat processed food.  Don’t cha even mention a microwave to me.  Before there was the automatic turn off ovens there was the Crock- Pot!! Yes the Good Ol Crock Pot. This baby works wonders especially on Sundays. Some of you know what I’m talking about. It’s like you don’t want to fast but the preacher preached so long that you went on a fast. You get home and say “Thank Heaven we could afford the… Crock Pot!!!”

Here’s a delicious recipe I believe we can all use.  
Let me introduce you to my Fit Room Recipe


 No More Excuses, Thank Goodness for the Crock Pot, Oatmeal Recipe

1-1/2 cup steel-cut Irish oats
3 cups liquid (water, vanilla soy milk or milk of choice)
2 cups fruit (I prefer Apples or peaches)
¼ cup nuts or raisins (almonds, walnuts, etc)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Sweetner to taste (Agave syrup, brown sugar, honey, Stevia etc)

Directions: Combine oats, liquid, nuts, and cinnamon in a Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Cover and cook on LOW over night. Drizzle sweetner to taste then serve. Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment