Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Chip Chip....Hooray

I hear this all the time “Since I’ve started my new diet I’ve been eating a lot healthier” I reply Oh yeah that’s awesome I am so proud of you!! So tell me what have you been eating?”  Well the other day I went grocery store and guess what I found?!!” Then I ask “Umm IDK What?!!”  "Brown sugar apple walnut granola. Its soooo freakin’ good and it’s organic!!! And not only that I bought a bag of organic blue corn chips and black bean salsa! So yummy, I’m going to start losing weight in no time!!”   Me…. Speechless and SMH
You Guys Wake up!!!! Just because it’s organic does not mean it’s always healthier. A chip is a chip. A cookie is a cookie and Junk will always be junk.  Organic snacks are just as fattening. A basic sugar cookie recipe may include the following ingredients: flour, salt, butter, and eggs. Organic cookie may list these ingredients: Organic whole wheat flour, sea salt (all salt comes from the sea) organic butter and free range eggs. Although wheat may have more fiber, the ingredients are still the same.  And eggs…. Come on do you honestly believe they let those chickens roam happily free basking in the sunshine as the lay their beautiful eggs?  Blaahhhh whatever!!! The standard killing method is still the same.  Anywho, that’s a whole ‘nother subject I’ll hit it later. But my point is, You Guuuuyyyyyssss don’t be deceived. Check your labels!!!
Below are two nutrition facts
A:
B:
Can you guess which one is organic?
It's Picture A
They both have the same amount of calories and same amount of fat. Only difference is the organic chip was fried in safflower oil.  That's why it has less saturated fat. So in this case the organic would be the best choice!! So when you do have that splurge of moment for juck, always check the facts and the ingredients.  In some cases it might just save you some money.  

Eating organic can get a little expensive but the reason why buy organic foods is to avoid pesticide residue.
These are the top five Ddirty Dozen fruits and veggies to eat according to the Environmental Working Group.
1.       Apples
2.       Celery
3.       Strawberries
4.       Peaches
5.       Spinach
Click on the link below to get the Seven and to know which fruits are safe to eat that are not organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment